Thursday, July 9, 2009

Becoming an early riser



Twelve o'clock. Light shines in through your window and you feel the heat of the sun hug your skin as you shift around in bed uncomfortably. Eventually, you get up (stomach growling) and stare at the clock for a bit. Hmm... twelve o' clock. You had missed breakfast, skipped your morning exercise, and wasted countless hours lying in bed as a lump of coal. You look around in your room and find clothes on the floor, paperwork strewn across your desk, and leftover food from two days past. You realize that just the night before, you had decided to wake up at 8:00 a.m for an early rise to a day of high productivity, hours of studying, and great accomplishment.

Haha... very funny, right?

In all seriousness, it's not very funny at all. However situations like this plague many college students and adults alike. To be blunt, it's merely a waste of time and your life. Waking up early gives you more time to get important daily routines out of the way, such as exercising and eating breakfast. I would love to say I am one of those early riser folk who just have everything in the day planned perfectly, but it's simply not an easy task. In an attempt to gain better control over my life and it's path, and decided to become an early riser. Every morning at 5:00 am, my alarm goes off and immediately I get up. From there my day starts. Thirty minutes anaerobic work out with push ups, pull ups, ect followed by a thirty minute run. Breakfast and a shower follows, leaving me ready for the day by 7:00 am. Ultimately it's a self-discipline issue and only I can decide whether or not I want to be awake by 5:00 am. I have managed to do this for many days already, and it will eventually become habit (Hopefully). I'll keep you posted on my progress as an early riser, and if you want to read more into it yourself, visit this site and give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment